Global Head of Commercialization – DS 1062 & Savolitinib
At AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We’re focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life.
Oncology is a strategic priority and rapidly growing business for AstraZeneca. One of the key tumor types driving growth is Lung Cancer, where, as leaders we have a bold ambition to double the 5-year survival rates by 2025. We are making considerable progress to deliver on this by working along with our stakeholders and with our best in class assets TAGRISSO and IMFINZI which are delivering unprecedented outcome improvements for these patients in late stage and early stage disease.
As a Head of Commercialization for new assets DS 1062 & Savolitinib, you'll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to further our agenda on doubling the 5-year survival rate by bringing these new assets to commercialization. The role has leadership accountabilities that are critical to the delivery of AZ business objectives and portfolio value targets. Working with the Global Franchise Head of Tagrisso and Lung Cancer Franchise, you will be a critical part of the Global Franchise Team and enable the cross-functional teams to successfully deliver on specific commercial leadership and accountability for these two key late stage assets for Lung Cancer & beyond.
The Global Head of Commercialization – DS 1062 & Savolitinib will be responsible for developing and driving the overall commercialization plans for DS1062 & Savolitinib by collaborating directly with our collaboration partner companies for the assets, different Global Franchises in OBU, R&D organization, OBU Medical, Business Development, and other OBU functions including market access, diagnostics, and corporate affairs. The role will work closely with Global Franchise Heads, Global Product Leads, Commercial Heads in key regions, and Late stage R&D organization to ensure teams work effectively together and with the broader business.
- Accountable for overall commercial strategy, go to market commercialization and growth plans for DS 1062 and Savolitinib
- Represent commercial leadership at DS 1062 Global Product Teams and Savolitinib Global Product Team to drive shaping of the CDP & LCM plans through in-depth commercial input and rigorous assessment
- Work with Alliance partners for maximization of the assets from development to commercialization (for Lung & beyond)
- Work with Alliance partners in implementing the alliance governance and commercial footprint
- Form and Lead the Global Brand Team aligned to Launch timelines
- Drive market shaping strategies; shape and lead external engagements, partnerships, and patient centric solutions
- Communicate and influence other senior lung cancer experts internally and externally in order to support acceleration of lung cancer portfolio and market development
- Lead by example in learning, innovation, cross-functional collaboration; seek opportunities to change paradigm and removes barriers within and outside the team
- Line manager to Global DS 1062 & Savolitinib commercialization / Marketing team
The successful leader will bring the following expertise:
- Strategic & Analytical Capabilities: Ability to see ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies based on data and insight driven analysis.
- Scientific Acumen: Comprehensive understanding of the cancer/oncology space as well as the clinical profile of our brands, oncology and competitor products (current & future) to shape life-cycle planning and management and interact meaningfully with scientific community and patient advocacy groups.
- Stakeholder Alignment & engagement: Track record of strong cross-functional collaboration ability to lead in a matrix environment with good influencing, networking, stakeholder management skills. Ability to effectively engage with senior stakeholders
- Leadership & Talent Development: Proven track record of attracting and developing diverse teams and optimizing team performance. Ability to motivate, lead and inspire high performing teams
- Strategic Clarity & Messaging: Successful experience in working in the unique space we would like to own in the mind of our customers (HCPs, patients, payers); and translating clinical and economic benefits into a compelling message platform.
- Commercial acumen and delivery: Focus on delivering high-impact opportunities at scale by implementing customer-specific approaches. Experience in building as well as shaping markets.
- Right touch insight: Collaborate with internal stakeholders to drive innovative approaches around building a culture of continuous learning to understand why customers behave as they do and what they value.
- Develop a Great Place to Work: Able to actively engage, inspire and create follower ship of diverse teams. Engenders trust, empowers team and has courageous conversations. Makes fair, impartial and informed talent decisions. Ability to assess and implement changes to franchise go-to-market model including size & structure of both sales and marketing teams.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Seasoned pharmaceutical/biotechnology executive with significant experience and proven leader with sophisticated general management, strategic marketing, and in-country commercial leadership skills with a solid track record of accomplishment
- Oncology experience with solid scientific understanding
- Demonstrates strategic and tactical abilities in developing and successfully implementing a comprehensive commercial plan
- Experience in Lung cancer
- P&L Management experience
- Global Marketing & New Product Commercialization Experience
- MBA / advanced scientific degree
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.