Finance Director, Newark Supply Site
At AstraZeneca we work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges. We do this with the utmost integrity even in the most difficult situations because we are committed to doing the right thing. We continuously forge partnerships that help pursue world-class medicines in new ways, combining our people’s exceptional skills with those of people from all over the globe. As a Director Finance Newark Supply Site in Newark, DE you’ll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients’ lives. Operations at AstraZeneca is a truly world-class business unit. It offers one of the most exciting, fast paced, challenging and rewarding work environments in the world of operations, supply chain and manufacturing.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
As a member of the Newark Site Leadership Team, you’ll contribute to setting the strategic direction for the site and execution thereof, through the establishment of business performance metrics, business priorities, and operational performance management.
You will lead the Finance activities at the site including business partnering support and assure compliance with applicable regulations, policies, and standards. You will be the key stakeholder for Global Finance Services (“GFS”) organization which supports month end close, analysis and planning/budget activities.
- Assure complete and accurate site financial analysis and reporting in order to provide management with accurate and timely data for the interpretation and evaluation of operations.
- Interact with and support GFS in the planning, and control of all accounting functions for the Newark site in accordance with Company policies and procedures in order to provide site and business management with accurate and complete data for cost management and evaluation of inventory and operations.
- Develop and maintain financial control procedures, safeguard assets, cost planning, and interpret financial reports for all plant operations.
- In conjunction with the Site Executive Director and department heads, develop, review and manage preparation of annual Business Plan and quarterly RBU's (Forecasts) in order to provide Management costs of achieving the operation's production objectives and a basis for measuring the plant's efficiency.
- Provide appropriate scrutiny and challenge to forecasts and actual results
- Provide input and decision making participation on a broad range of site issues to Newark Leadership Team and others as necessary to ensure support and promotion of site objectives and activities, and ensure appropriate financial conclusions are reached on business initiatives.
- Deliver robust financial analysis of risks & benefits for all major business initiatives to support the decision-making process. Prioritize work and ensure appropriate resources are made available to support key business initiatives.
- Provide financial support to site management and corporate finance related to capital and fixed assets. Provide financial expertise on capital vs. expense and asset impairment issues.
- Liaise with Global Finance as necessary to ensure appropriate consistency of policies, procedures, and financial budgeting and reporting.
- Work with GFS to assure robust procedures in order to more efficiently and accurately provide financial data, plans or reports as necessary.
- Member of cross-site Americas Finance Team implementing global finance tools and processes, driving standardized processes and sharing best practice across the region
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
- 10+ years’ experience in finance and/or accounting.
- Strong analytical skills, ability to develop and analyze complex issues and present summaries and recommendations
- Demonstrated ability to lead and participate in teams.
- Experienced in partnering with other functions to achieve success.
- Excellent interpersonal, decision making, organizational & management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully work in a dynamic work environment.
- Strong knowledge of information systems is required in order to develop, implement and maintain new systems and incorporate production-processing changes into existing systems.
- Strong knowledge of pharmaceutical manufacturing and cost accounting. Prior exposure to general operations, MRP, inventory planning and control, and accounting services is strongly preferred.
- CPA or MBA degree preferred.
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognizing their potential. Join us while we continue to build a new kind of organization to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we are developing new ways to work, ground breaking methods, and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our team!
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.