Facilities Maintenance Planner/Scheduler
The Facilities Maintenance Planner is responsible for planning all aspects of the AstraZeneca Maintenance Teams’ work activities including preventive, predictive and corrective maintenance services for all offices, R&D laboratories, Clinical Supply Manufacturing and parking decks. The Planner is responsible for reviewing Work Order (WO) scope of work, estimating costs and technician hours, planning work activities, ordering parts and supplies, preparing Maintenance Technician work schedules, obtaining required permits (local building code, confined space, lock out tag out, hot work, and others), obtaining access to building areas and notifying affected occupants. The Planner is responsible for reviewing and triaging all SAP WO notifications for maintenance, ensuring proper information is recorded, and verifying all related documentation is completed prior to releasing WO. The Planner is responsible for making recommendations to the MRO Team on any materials which may be reallocated for future use or to be returned to supplier, maintaining a knowledge base of each technician’s abilities and qualifications and assigning WOs to ensure successful completion of WO and maintenance activities. The Planner is responsible for operating within SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) to ensure compliance with financial and GMP regulations.
• Plan AstraZeneca Maintenance Team work activities for preventive, predictive and corrective maintenance services for all offices, R&D laboratories, Clinical Supply Manufacturing and parking decks.
• Review Work Order (WO) scope of work, estimate costs and technician hours, plan work activities, order parts and supplies, prepare Maintenance Technician work schedule, obtain required permits (local building code, confined space, lock out tag out, hot work, and others), obtain access to building areas and notify affected occupants.
• Review and triage all SAP WO notifications for maintenance, ensuring proper information is recorded. Verify all related documentation is completed prior to releasing WO.
• Identify any potential product quality and safety impacts as a result of maintenance activities. Work with area owners to determine shutdown periods and work schedules.
• Hold planning meetings to prepare work schedules, and review work order status, work order forecast and production schedules.
• Review WO backlog. Process WOs based on established work priority system, criticality of need and applicable KPI (Key Performance Indicator).
• Ensure consistent use of SAP planning and scheduling tools.
• Prepare and submit quality documentation applications and ensure adherence to SOPs.
• Prepare BOM (Bill of Materials) and coordinate required MRO parts and supplies with site MRO Team. Print pick lists and ensure kitting is completed for technicians prior to work commencement. Identify material outages and recommend expediting when necessary.
• Make recommendations to MRO Team on any materials which may be reallocated for future use or to be returned to supplier.
• Maintain knowledge base of each technician’s abilities and qualifications and assign WOs to ensure successful completion of WO and maintenance activities.
• Coordinate work activities and area availability with parts suppliers and service contract technicians (where utilized) to provide coordinated service on equipment.
• Provide weekend and on-call and after hours coverage when necessary. Use basic & precision hand tools.
• Read and utilize a variety of gauges and precision measuring instruments. • Utilize complicated drawings, mathematics and handbook formulas. Read mechanical and electrical schematics and piping diagrams
• Maintain basic knowledge of maintenance trades and trade knowledge in a specialized field or process. Maintain current understanding of QA (Quality Assurance) practices as they apply to Pharma and Biotechnology industry.
• Maintain a basic understanding of how to comply with CFR (US Code of Federal Regulations) for facilities maintenance activities affecting GMP areas.
BS in Engineering/Technical field preferred or related practical experience
5+ years in related BioTech or Pharmaceutical industry.
7-10+ years in Engineering/Maintenance position preferred.
CPMM (Certified Plant Maintenance Manager) preferred
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.