Executive Pharmaceutical Sales - Immuno Oncology Lung (Tampa, FL)
AstraZeneca is a global, science-led, patient-focused biopharmaceutical company that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialization of prescription medicines for some of the world’s most serious diseases. But we’re more than one of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies. As a Pharmaceutical Sales Specialist – Oncology in Tampa, FL you’ll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients’ lives.
Our dedication to Oncology makes this a place to build a career unlike any other, accelerate forward by seizing opportunities, working at the cutting edge and embracing big challenges, always willing to learn.AstraZeneca’s vision in Oncology is to help patients by redefining the cancer-treatment paradigm. A broad pipeline of next-generation medicines is focused principally on four disease areas - breast, ovarian, lung and hematological cancers. As well as other tumor types, these are being targeted through four key platforms - immunotherapy, the genetic drivers of cancer and resistance, DNA damage repair, and antibody-drug conjugates, underpinned by personalized healthcare and biomarker technologies.
- Responsible for selling, maintaining and documenting all sales activities for the AstraZeneca Oncology portfolio of products to physicians in private practice, in group practices, in hospital settings, and Oncology residency and fellowship programs within a defined geographic territory.
- Call on physicians in hospital settings, and residency and fellowship programs within a defined geographic territory.
- Responsible for positioning AstraZeneca as a leader in Oncology commitment through development of long-term relationships with Key Customers.
- Maintain a high level of clinical expertise by consistently utilizing all available medical information resources.
- Work with RAD and District Sales Managers to develop and direct sales strategies at key accounts assigned in the territory.
- Develop and direct sales strategies at key accounts assigned in the territory.
- Develop and implement clinical sales presentations to groups of healthcare personnel during medical meetings, and the general public in health fairs and support groups.
- Maximize key physician contact by networking within accounts and at all medical meetings
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of study (B.S. or B.A.)
- At least two years of documented, successful pharmaceutical sales, or at the discretion of those involved in the hiring process, related sales to physicians and hospitals such as medical equipment
- History of building and influencing customer relationships, and goal achievement
- Proven ability to understand, internalize, and routinely present challenging scientific information
- Demonstrated clinical selling skills
No Company Relocation Assistance Provided.
- Knowledge of medical office equipment, territory management direct and in-direct sales processes
- Experience selling and knowledge of Oncology products or diseases HIGHLY preferred
- Possess excellent written and verbal communications skills, and presentation skills
- Managed Care knowledge including prior authorization successes, demonstrated understanding of managed care contracting
- Demonstrated ability to manage PREP budget and to work through the PRA process
- Effective communication abilities to include strong group presentation skills
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.