Executive Director, Sales Force Operations
Do you have expertise in, and passion for, Sales Force Operations? Would you like to apply your expertise to have impact in a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines? Then AstraZeneca might be the one for you!
AstraZeneca is a global, science-led, patient-focused biopharmaceutical company that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialization of prescription medicines for some of the world’s most serious diseases. But we’re more than one of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies.
In the BioPharmaceuticals Business Unit (BBU) team we thrive in our diverse and vibrant environment. Part of a global research-led enterprise, there’s always novel science to bring to market. It brings out the best in us – provided with all the support and tools needed and the agility to adapt quickly. Spark your ambition and your true self. Part of our inclusive environment where there’s opportunity for global mobility, continuous learning and building standard methodologies.
What you’ll do
The Executive Director is part of the US Finance Leadership Team, reporting to the VP Finance and US CFO. The role leads SFO functions essential for supporting the US BBU commercial organization, and must work across multiple functions (eg, Sales, Marketing, Market Access, IT, Digital, Insights and Analytics, etc) to balance immediate demands with future capabilities required to deliver the US business strategy.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish the vision for the team that aligns with US BBU business strategies.
- Leading and redefining capabilities to enable the delivery of our commercial priorities.
- Provide leadership & strategic direction across all functional areas, to include but not limited to: Data Management, Planning, Reporting & Incentive Compensation, Speaker Programs, and Sales Force Effectiveness.
- Collaborate with Senior Leadership to optimize the effectiveness of BBU selling teams.
- Partner with Senior Sales Leaders to provide insights and information to drive sales execution excellence.
- Explore innovative ways to support the sales force and improve sales efficiency and productivity.
- Proactively sees opportunities for simplification and automation and release resources to focus on adding value activities.
- Responsible for supporting BBU customer facing resource planning and deployments.
- Provides strong and visible leadership and ensure appropriate developmental planning for all SFO team members.
- Effectively handle 3rd party relationships to yield optimal support and appropriate investment of AZ resources.
- Work closely with Brand Teams, Digital, IT and Insights & Analytics to support the Omnichannel strategy and implementation for our key BioPharmaceutical products.
- Bachelor's Degree required
- 15+ years of Pharma/Biotech commercial experience; to include sales, sales management, marketing, training and functional area leadership in roles of increasing accountability with a consistent track record of performance success
- Prior people management experience
- Diverse experience with impactful capability building within and across large teams
- Ability to build and sustain strong relationships that influence cross functional team-working
- Successful 2nd line Sales Management experience
- Advanced degree in relevant field
- Proven capability in influencing a diverse network of senior leaders and key partners
At AstraZeneca we’re dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration, and always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development. We’re on an exciting journey to pioneer the future of healthcare.
So, what’s next?
- Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you.
Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media,
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.