Director Strategic Marketing Lead - Beyond Breast Cancer (Trastuzumab Deruxtecan - DS8201)
At AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We are focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life.
The oncology therapy area at AstraZeneca is unparalleled. We have built and strategically acquired one of the most promising oncology pipelines in the industry. You will be among inspiring oncology industry leaders who will keep you engaged and empower you to be the best.
We have an exciting opportunity to work in the Global Trastuzumab Deruxtecan – (DS8201) and Breast Cancer Franchise the Oncology Business Unit (OBU) as the Strategic Marketing Leader, Launch Readiness HER2+ targetable tumors beyond Beast Cancer.Reporting to the Global Head of Marketing, Beyond Breast Cancer (Trastuzumab Deruxtecan - DS8201), this is a key role responsible for the development and implementation of the strategic and operational plan that delivers a series of world class launches inHER2 targetable tumors beyond breast cancer, including Gastric Cancer (GC), non-small cell Lung Cancer (NSCLC), Colorectal Cancer (CRC), and pan-tumor indications based on an extensive development program with multiple upcoming readouts .
- Creation and successful execution of a long-term vision for HER2+ tumors beyond breast cancer
- Partnering across alliance and supporting the Head of Marketing, lead and support successful development of commercial strategies with tailored plans to accelerate and optimize commercial success in markets and regions
- Provide strategic guidance and leadership to the cross-functional team to deliver a patient centric multi-stakeholder brand strategic plan
- Ensures flawless execution against the commercial strategy, as well as appropriate resources and programs to support global launches in HER2+ targetable tumors beyond breast cancer.
- Development and global implementation of brand strategy, brand positioning, launch plans/programmes, forecasts and KPIs for the specific disease area(s)
- Strategic thinking, judgement and strong influencing skills, to inform, persuade and lead across regions and markets to ensure strong executional commercial focus and consistency.
- Bachelor’s degree required; preferably in business or scientific graduate degree with a business-related post graduate qualification. Post-graduate degree in biological, chemical, or pharmacological sciences is strongly desired.
- 10+ years’ experience in pharmaceutical industry and at least 3 years of experience in oncology
- Leadership competencies, to set direction, inspire commitment, balance short and long term needs and constructively resolve issues
- Strong track record of analysis and fact-based decision-making
- Strong business acumen and complex problem-solving skills
- Experience in setting up short- and long-term strategic plans for oncology portfolios
- Commercial experience at country level preferred
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.