Diagnostic Information Manager
The Diagnostic Project Management group within Precision Medicine, Business Excellence is accountable for providing project and portfolio management to the AZ Precision Medicine portfolio to ensure successful delivery of diagnostic projects from initiation of development to regulatory approval, across all therapy areas, and to further optimise the delivery of precision medicines by defining and championing best practices. Furthermore, this group is responsible for driving continuous improvement processes, for providing accurate Precision Medicine portfolio information for decision making and business reporting, and for capacity and resource management.
The Diagnostic Information Manager will work alongside the Diagnostic Project Manager to gather project related information, and will provide technical expertise and information management across several cross-functional diagnostic project and programme teams. In addition the Diagnostic Information Manager will undertake the operational due diligence (paper exercise) for precision medicine vendors and work with Diagnostic Experts to assess vendor operational readiness.
- Inputs and ensures accuracy of diagnostic project information within PLANIT (Planisware), the AZ enterprise project planning tool (gathers input from Diagnostic Project Managers & Associate Diagnostic Project Managers)
- To ensure the business has an accurate view of diagnostic milestones and the costs and resources required to deliver them
- To enable use of PLANIT data for automated project reporting
- Provision of reports from PLANIT to track progress and highlight deviations or anomalies Diagnostic Project Managers
- Tracks project spend against PLANIT forecast and provides report to Diagnostic Project manager
- Undertakes Operational Due Diligence (ODD) for Precision Medicine vendors
- Coordinates paper-based questionnaire process and gathers responses from vendors
- Works with Diagnostic Expert to assess operational readiness
- Maintains ODD tracker, stores ODD information and makes available across R&D
- Owns and maintains Precision Medicine project documentation repository (Primarily SharePoint Online SPOL)
- Optimises SPOL structure to ensure logical and consistent approach to storage of project related information enabling ease of input/ retrieval of information
- Drives towards a single solution for storage of project information within Precision Medicine
- Schedules and coordinates diagnostic project team (across multiple projects) and precision medicine review meetings
- Uses technical expertise to drive simplification and standardisation for information management across Precision Medicine
Minimum Requirements –Education and Experience
- BA/BSc in relevant subject (or equivalent experience)
Minimum Experience Required
- Strong organisation and forward-planning skills, with attention to detail
- Ability to analyse and interpret large data sets
- Technically strong with specific experience of using Excel to analyse and report data
- Experience of using Microsoft Office/ Outlook and SharePoint Online
- Champion of efficient and effective systems and processes
- Experience of global team-working and communicating with key stakeholders
- A professional, enthusiastic and proactive approach, with the ability to independently manage a diverse and demanding workload
- Prior experience in managing and provision of project information
- Understanding of Project Management techniques, tools and principles
- Basic understanding or experience of using Planisware (PLANIT)
Measure of Success
- Business reports utilising PLANIT data provide accurate view of costs and resources required to deliver diagnostics
- PLANIT data can be used to automate reporting and as primary source for other tracking systems and business metrics
- Single solution for storage of project information is adopted across the diagnostic project teams
- Operational readiness of key precision medicine vendors assessed and communicated to key stakeholders
- Project team meetings include all relevant attendees and have required meeting facilities
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please apply at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, gender or gender orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.