Contract Operations Specialist
AtAstraZeneca we believe in the potential of our people and you’ll develop beyond what you thought possible. We make the most of your skills and passion by actively supporting you to see what you can achieve no matter where you start with us. Our mission is ambitious, and it takes the skills of a collaborative team to really deliver on what science can do. We make the most of your skills and passion by actively supporting you to see what you can achieve, no matter where you start with us.
The Customer Enablement Contract Operations Specialist is a member of the Customer Enablement team within the GBS – Global Assurance & Reporting Services business unit and is responsible for managing / overseeing the workflow for the end-to-end process for engaging with External Experts / Healthcare Professionals for contractual, fee-for-service interactions. The Operations Specialist will support ‘Activity Owners’ within the business who require the services of an EE/HCP through the processes of needs assessment, activity creation, HCP nomination, FMV determination, compliance assessments, approval workflows, contracting, vendor data management, service confirmation, reconciliation and payment. The Operations Specialist will be responsible for ensuring all requests are processed accurately and compliantly in accordance with policies, procedures, regulations and transparency/disclosure reporting requirements. A successful candidate will also provide guidance to customers, management and peers.
- Review and ensure completeness of incoming EE/HCP contract-to-pay applications/requests
- Coordinate triaging of requests to appropriate reviewer and business area
- Provide guidance to ensure appropriate approvals are obtained and retained
- Perform preliminary reviews to ensure AZ does not contract with any individual or entity that is debarred, excluded or restricted for any other reason to do business with AZ
- Ensure appropriate rates are selected according to Fair Market Value rates (FMV)
- Ensure timely receipt of executed LOAs/contracts prior to the program start date
- Coordinate provider requests for changes to LOAs/contracts
- Capture the required data elements to ensure adherence to physician payment reporting requirements for Open Payments, EFPIA and other state and country requirements
- Ensure accurate and timely distribution of payments and collaborate with Accounts Payable to resolve payment related issues
- Monitor and support the day-to-day processing functions including issue handling, communications and resolution
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to mitigate compliance risks associated with assigned activities: maintain all documentation in files within the relevant system.
- Assist in determination on completeness and accuracy of records and maintenance of up-to-date documentation to support risk mitigation efforts.
- Work with vendors to ensure timely and accurate invoicing standards.
- Collect, review and appropriately store documentation, including but not limited to Needs Assessment, executed agreements, CVs, W9s, external expert payment forms (as applicable)
- Consult and escalate compliance, legal or regulatory matters.
- Maintain high level of external customer satisfaction.
- Must be able to perform accurately while meeting applicable productivity measures
- Assume and perform other duties and responsibilities not specifically outlined herein, but which are logically and properly inherent to the position
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong technical/systems experience and skills (e.g., iBuy, SAP, Excel, SharePoint, etc.)
- Ability to quickly learn and work within AZ administrative tools.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and adjust workload as business needs require.
- Strong attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Capable of working independently.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams and demonstrated ability to partner effectively with others.
- High ethical standards, trustworthy, operating with absolute discretion
- Experience in a similar role
- Prior experience in the biopharmaceutical industry (Sales, Marketing, Research & Development, Compliance, Legal, Procurement) or a consulting firm working with pharmaceutical clients
- Familiarity with the technical and functional elements of requirements including but not limited to compliance, legislation (e.g., Physician Payment Sunshine Act, EFPIA), data sources/quality, and reporting.
- Understanding of SAP and purchase to pay systems / processes, Procurement
- Experience with finance, auditing, quality assurance/control, SOX and/or risk management
- Global / cross-cultural experience
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.