Clinical Supply Study Lead - Clinical Trials
At AstraZeneca we are guided in our work by a strong set of values, and we’re resetting expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. By truly following the science, we pioneer new methods, new thinking and bring unexpected teams together. From scientists to sales, lab techs to legal, we’re on a mission to turn ideas into life-changing medicines that transform lives. We need great people who share our passion for science and have the drive and determination to meet the unmet needs of patients around the world. If you’re swift to action, confident to lead, willing to collaborate, and curious about what science can do, then you’re our kind of person.
The Clinical Supply Study Lead (CSSL) designs and executes supply chain for one or more global clinical studies across all phases within drug development. The CSSL holds overall accountability for investigation of product and coordinates associated tasks and activities across all relevant functions within the supply chain. The role will have multiple contacts across internal and external groups including leadership of working groups.
There are key areas of CSSL accountability at the study level:
Study Design influence in relation to drug supply requirements Stakeholder management:
- Lead the Study Drug Working Group and contribute to Supply Chain Team Meetings, to enable continuous cross-functional dialogue with the internal and external stakeholders on the study design requirements and their changes affecting supply chain of the study.
- Lead/contribute to Kick Off Meetings for relevant suppliers (ie pack-label-distribution vendors, clinical CRO, IRT suppliers) and maintain collaboration throughout the study lifecycle
- Escalation of risks / issues / concerns relating to systems and activities through appropriate channels
Demand and Supply - planning and management:
- Development/input to key documents reflecting supply chain design & requirements
- Refined initial and continuous study demand forecasting in order to create a Supply Plan for primary and secondary packing, together with identification of risks related to demand/supply
- Inventory management
- Assessment of projected costs related to packaging, labelling and distribution reflected in supplier Request for Quote
- Control of ongoing study spend and invoice approval
- Flagging risks related to budget constraints to the business
- Management of Quality Events (ie Deviations, CAPAs, Complaints, Change Control)
- Contribution to GMP & GCP audits
- Ensuring eTMF compliance
- System used for demand and supply planning
- System used to optimize drug supply design
- Definition and implementation of pack/label/distribution strategy
- Kit/Pack design
- Implementation of Temperature Control and Monitoring strategy
- Master Label development (if relevant)
- Destruction management
- Expiry date management
- Extension of shelf life
- Rework & recalls
Tasks related to the above areas can be supported where appropriate, by relevant Global Clinical Supply Chain supporting functions (Co-Ordinator or Specialists), however the CSSL retains overall accountability for delivery drug supply.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.