Capital Program Manager - Operations
At AstraZeneca, we work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges. We do this with the utmost integrity even in the most difficult situations because we are committed to doing the right thing. We continuously forge partnerships that help pursue world-class medicines in new ways, combining our people’s outstanding skills with those of people from all over the globe.
As the Capital Program Manager, you will lead commercial, technical and site projects and programs of medium to high complexity. This role also manages the Frederick Manufacturing Center’s Capital Management Program and processes.
Our Frederick, MD facility creates life-changing medicines for people around the world! We make a direct contribution to treating people with cancer, respiratory and autoimmune conditions across the globe. From catered site festivities to competitive events, community outreach activities, environmental and wellness showcases and team-building events, we take time to recognize our achievements.
The Frederick Manufacturing Center is dedicated to creating a culture of inclusion and collaboration. We host yearly Inclusion and Diversity conferences and have an employee resource group devoted to promoting diversity and inclusion and enhancing employees' professional development through interactive and engaging events and initiatives. We are also an award-winning employer and has been recognized as a ‘Top 50’ Business in Frederick, and Frederick County’s ‘Best Place to Work’ distinction in 2015 and 2019.
- Leads the project core team, and ensures team effectiveness. Is accountable for the delivery of the project on time, on budget, aligned with the expectations of key project stakeholders.
- Works with the project sponsor to develop the program/ project charter and ensure that projects deliver encouraged business outcomes.
- Leads the core team to build coordinated project plans including scope, schedule, risk and communication plans.
- Ensures team follows site project governance processes. Acts as an advocate to support PMO processes.
- Understands and manages key integration points with other programs/ projects and efforts in the enterprise.
- Contributes to the maturation of project management capabilities at the site through lessons learned, improvements to the PM tool kit, and additions to the PM knowledgebase. Also leads specific maturation efforts within the department or across the site.
- Ensures administrative and financial management of assigned projects.
- Expected to lead multiple project teams.
- Author Statement of Work (SOW) for Vendors/Contractors
- Provides suggestions/ guidance on Capital spend to Key Stakeholders
- Onboarding, offboarding and management of Project Vendors/Contractors
- Serve as a coach and mentor to non-career Project Team Leads
- Serve as a lead trainer for PM-related instructor led courses
- Apply lean methodology to reduce waste and focus on beneficial project costs and activities
- Oversight and management of the site’s Capital Program/ Project Management Program and associated processes, including annual budget planning, long-range planning, and financial tracking
- Collaborates with Project/Program Managers and Finance for cash flow performance and timely accrual reporting
- Experienced using Microsoft Applications (Project, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint) and SAP
- 8+ years project/ program management experience with BA/BS in Engineering or Science-related field
- Experience managing Capital portfolios to include cash flow, financial tracking, accruals, and trending/reporting
- Experience in pharmaceutical/biotech or GMP-related industry
- MS or MBA PM-related degree
- PMP Certification
- 5+ years of program/project management
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.