Business Unit Director Oncology
Oncology Business Unit Director
Do you have expertise in, and passion for sales and marketing management in Oncology , Would you like to apply your expertise to impact the Oncology patients in a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines? Then AstraZeneca might be the one for you!
AstraZeneca is a global, science-led, patient-focused biopharmaceutical company that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialisation of prescription medicines for some of the world’s most serious diseases. But we’re more than one of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies.
Pioneers in Oncology, we’ve pivoted AstraZeneca in our markets to accelerate in this specialty field. And we’re not stopping there – backed by the business we’re ready to continue our growth and take Oncology to the next level. Join a high-performing team, empowered to cut through the noise and drive real change. Our agility and pace, coupled with scientific focus, powers us to spot opportunities in the market that keep us moving forward and into new spaces.
Welcome to Marketing company – AstraZeneca Egypt , one of over 400 sites here at AstraZeneca, providing a collaborative environment where everyone feels comfortable and able to be themselves is at the core of AstraZeneca’s priorities, it’s important to us that you bring your full self to work every day.
What you’ll do
- Deliver results by growing the Oncology business through innovation and market share, managing a broad portfolio of products and services.
- Drive the team performance, optimize talent, drive creativity & innovation within the team.
- Lead change; design and drive new strategies.
- Responsible for setting the strategy from Sales and Marketing perspectives for the Oncology portfolio, with effective and strong execution excellence.
- Ensure high customer centricity within the BU.
- Cross functionally align with all stakeholders internally and externally
- Ensure an effective launch machine for the upcoming pipeline of new products
- Lead Oncology Portfolio Brand Strategy
- Responsible for budgetary compliance
Essential Situational experience for successful profile
- Evidence of leading the planning, organization and implementation of brand strategies in Oncology.
- Managing and resourcing a portfolio of products across the full lifecycle including new launches.
- Demonstrated knowledge, skills and experience of navigating and influencing the stakeholders within the Onco environment.
- Can demonstrate examples of driving new ideas and innovation to solve business problems, improve business performance and benefits to patients
- Can demonstrate ability to gather and act on business and customer insights to shape brand strategy
- Evidence of strong partnership with access and medical teams to design and deliver winning brand strategy
- Can demonstrate deep understanding and expertise in TA
- Has evidence of building and motivating a sizeable, high performing team
- Experience with successfully initiating business cases with subsequent implementation
- Has experience of leading brand strategy with evidence of strong alignment and collaboration to deliver overall company results
- Business acumen
- Making complex decisions
- Cultivates innovation
- Strategic mindset and agility
- Drive results, and manage execution
- Build collaborative relationships
- Optimize diverse talents
- Influencing people, driving vision & purpose
- Ability to lead & transform business
- Deliver under uncertainty and ambiguity
- Demonstrated Patient centricity
Essential Experience and Qualifications:
- Medical/ pharmaceutical background
- At least 3 years of experience managing managers
- At least 3 years of experience in Oncology is a must
- Having a mix of Marketing and Sales management experience is required
- One year at least at AstraZeneca
- Above country experience is a plus
At AstraZeneca we’re dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration, and always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development. We’re on an exciting journey to pioneer the future of healthcare.
Are you ready to bring new ideas and fresh thinking to the table? Brilliant! We have one seat available and we hope it’s yours.
Where can I find out more?
Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecaegypt
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.