Business Insight Lead, Oncology
Do you have expertise in, and passion for Strategy and Business Insights in Oncology? Would you like to apply your expertise to impact the Business Insights Lead, Oncology role in a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines? Then AstraZeneca might be the one for you!
At AstraZeneca, we put patients first and strive to meet their unmet needs worldwide. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. If you are swift to action, confident to lead, willing to collaborate, and curious about what science can do, then you’re our kind of person.
AstraZeneca’s vision in Oncology is to help patients by redefining the cancer-treatment paradigm, with the aim of bringing six new cancer medicines to patients between 2013 and 2020. A broad pipeline of next-generation medicines is focused principally on four disease areas - breast, ovarian, lung and hematological cancers. As well as other tumor types, these are being targeted through five key platforms - immunotherapy, the genetic drivers of cancer and resistance, DNA damage repair, HER2 and antibody drug conjugates, underpinned by personalized healthcare and biomarker technologies.
The Oncology Business Insight Leader is accountable for developing and communicating actionable insights that effectively shape brand strategy and tactics based on a combination of primary research and secondary data across customer segments – HCP and Consumer. The Insight Leader will use sound market research along with strong analytical and critical thinking skills to support brand teams in making strategic decisions, informing brand performance and forecasts, developing promotional campaigns, and business cases. Keys to success in this position are superlative communication, consultative and influencing skills predicated on a strong foundation of primary market research skills and secondary data analysis proficiency. This job may require occasional travel for research.
- Thinks Strategically: Quickly identifies and acts on opportunities, combining forethought with action. This is based on an understanding of the external environment and its impact on AZ and the brand.
- Assembles facts and insight to tell a cohesive story that clearly communicates the health of the business.
- Drives Performance: Holds self and others accountable for the achievement of performance expectations. Builds an environment that enables others to perform at their best.
- Acts Critically: Makes and acts on decisions quickly and effectively and champions the same in others. This is based on an underlying courage to enable risk-taking for the business.
- Works Collaboratively: Actively builds and promotes cross-boundary collaboration with the aim of achieving better business results. Boundaries can exist between individuals, geographies, cultures, teams, functions, organizations, etc.
- Develop, deliver and execute market research and insight plans that support the brand strategy
- Lead primary market research design and execution (including vendor/project management) with minimal supervision
- Compile, analyze, and visualize findings from secondary marketing and/or sales data (including identification and appropriate use of data sources).
- Provide brand and market evaluation, interpretation, and communication of results synthesizing key data and insights spanning a host of different sources and types of data
- Build insightful reports and presentations that clearly and succinctly highlight the actionable insights combined with business implications/strategic & tactical options
- Work with the Pricing and Market Access Insight team to ensure that payer insights are integrated
- Identify business needs dedicatedly and build research/analysis with foresight
- Develop and maintain market research budgets
- Maintain effective relationships with contractors and other third-party vendors through oversight of the vendor management process
- Lead KPI tracking for the brand, including brand equity and quantitative tracking
- Leverage/apply AZ insight best practices as appropriate
·Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- Minimum 5 years pharmaceutical or biotechnology experience – Oncology experience preferred
- Minimum 3-5 years of primary market research and analytical experience applying various primary research techniques and secondary analysis to inform business decisions
- Proven ability to influence laterally and vertically
- Pharmaceutical or consumer Insight experience highly desirable.
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognizing their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organization to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we’re opening new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you.
Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.