EU5 Oncology Business Analyst in FP&A
If you’re inspired by the possibilities of science to make a difference and ready to discover what you can do – join us.
We need great people who share our passion for science and have the drive and determination to meet the unmet needs of patients around the world. If you’re swift to action, confident to lead, willing to collaborate, and curious about what science can do, then you’re our kind of person.
At AstraZeneca every one of our employees makes a difference to patient lives every day. In Finance, you may not feel you're at the frontline of research but your role in changing patients' lives is critical. Our mission is ambitious, and it takes the skills of a collaborative team to really deliver on what science can do and to always put patients first.
AstraZeneca’s Finance function is on a transformation journey with the objective of delivering excellence in financial operations and insight. A new operating model is being established for AZ Finance, which includes the establishment of a new organisation, Global Finance Services. GFS provides services for FP&A, Record to Report, Controlling and Tax to customers in Commercial, Science, Operations & Enabling Functions and Group Finance. The EMEA hub is being created here in Warsaw.
As we are growing, we are currently searching for 1 Business Analyst per market: France, Italy, UK, Germany, Spain.
EU5 Oncology Business Analyst in FP&A
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform month-end close activities and communicate financial results in a timely manner
- Support the preparation of presentations and financial analysis used for Senior Leadership reviews
- Working closely with business stakeholders providing analytical and strategic support
- Prepare efficient and accurate financial analysis of budgets, forecasts and actual results
- Drive simplification of finance processes and foster a culture of best practice sharing
- Perform detailed reviews of SG&A costs, headcount and staff related costs
- Provide insight of financial performance through accurate, timely and relevant reporting
- Supporting multiple business units through delivery of effective management information
- Performing ad hoc tasks and reporting related to business unit management and governance meetings as appropriate
- University Degree preferably in Finance, Accounting or Economy
- Minimum 3 years of relevant professional experience
- Solid understanding of finance and accounting principles
- Understanding of forecasting and budgeting process
- English language proficiency is a must, both verbal and written
- Proficient knowledge of Excel with the ability to quickly learn other applications
- Excellent communication and presentations skills
- Confidence in working with Senior Management
- Ability to work well in and across diverse global teams
- Great work organization and ability to work under time pressure
- High degree of accuracy with attention to detail
- Dynamism and flexibility to deal with changing environment
- Capacity to solve problems, identify options and propose a reasoned solution
- Previous experience in SSC/BPO, experience in General Ledger and/or Intercompany process will be a plus;
- Use financial systems for budgeting, forecasting and reporting, knowledge of Hyperion will be an asset;
- Previous experience in the use of SAP;
- Part qualified finance professional, or working towards a recognized financial qualification;
We Offer You
- Stable employment with great atmosphere and dynamic corporate culture;
- Employment contract with attractive benefit package;
- The opportunity to work and develop within an international company;
- Modern and comfortable office;
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.