Business Acumen, Training Manager/St. Training Manager
At AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We're focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life. As Business Acumen Training Manager, you'll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients' lives. North American Commercial is the 'face' of AstraZeneca for our many healthcare clients. They represent many of the most well recognized and respected products in the industry and build strong relationships with healthcare professionals.
The Business Acumen Training Manager designs and delivers learning and development experiences for role specific programs to include the Business of Oncology, Market Access, and Reimbursement for the Oncology commercial teams. The Training Manager will be utilized as the subject matter expert regarding the Oncology healthcare marketplace by overseeing and managing vendors assigned to develop training content to ensure a well-rounded training program for a diverse audience. The incumbent will work within a global, cross collaborative environment and will responsible for understanding the training needs of the diverse field and above brand teams, and will identify and implement approved training solutions.
Essential Roles & Responsibilities:
- Creates and implements learning and development experiences, partnering with AZ stakeholders to enable a high performing organization. Ensures training programs support the changing needs of the business and address new initiatives, with an emphasis on current trends and practices in the Oncology landscape.
- Develops and implements a comprehensive training curriculum that aligns with core competencies supporting the overall strategy; delivers curricula from onboarding of the Business of Oncology program to all commercial teams within the Oncology Business Unit.
- As appropriate, oversees and manages the training vendor relationships during the creation and build of all training materials; ensures all curricula are properly maintained and approved per AZ policies and guidelines. Ensures learning content is delivered as designed; makes recommendations to content developers to continually improve the content and design.
- Collaborates with brands to develop, create, and deliver Business Acumen training for all product launches specifically for National Oncology Account Director, Associate Director Oncology Regional Accounts and other Market Access teams’ launch readiness.
- Collaborates with key cross-functional partners, including Alliance partners, to ensure the training strategy and plan are aligned with business goals, objectives and strategies; conducts on going needs analysis and leverages insights to inform the training strategies and curricula as needed.
- Identifies and leads curriculum development & delivery for innovative approaches to deliver the Business Acumen Training starting with Day 1 of a new hire through to Advanced Learning Programs for ongoing development of Business Acumen skills matching the evolving Oncology landscape.
- Maintains relationships, contact and communication with learning program participants and cohorts for coaching, follow-up and continuity of blended learning completions.
- Researches, develops and disseminates post event evaluations, post-training support and reinforcement tools to sustain behavioral change and drive improved performance and business outcomes. Data gathered is used to validate what is needed to maintain a high-quality Business Acumen learning program.
Minimum Role Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent required
- Proven years of a blend of Pharmaceutical, Biotech, and Oncology experience
- Proven years of experience with subject matter knowledge and/or application within Oncology
- Experience with training, training related or key account management experience
Preferred Role Requirements:
- MBA or MS/MA in a related field is preferred
- Experience with training or training related or key account management role
- Business Acumen in Oncology Marketplace in both oral and infusion areas
- Thorough understanding of market dynamics within the Managed Markets and Key Account Management space
- Ability to effectively lead in a cross-functional environment, providing direction and guidance to team members with varied and complementary responsibilities
- Knowledge of instructional systems design
- Working in an Alliance or co-promote environment
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.