Biopharmaceutical Business Unit Regional Sales Manager - Private and Government Hospitals
AstraZeneca is a leading global biopharmaceutical company. We believe the best way we can help patients is to focus on breakthrough science to uncover disease mechanisms and develop novel, targeted therapies that interact with them. This is at the heart of our purpose as a company: to push the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines.
At AstraZeneca Malaysia, we aim to be the fastest growing pharmaceutical company in Malaysia in the therapeutic areas of cardiovascular, diabetes, oncology and respiratory. Through this ambition, we are confident that we can transform the lives of Malaysian patients by ensuring that they have access to life-changing medicines. Working here means being a member of our family in making a difference in delivering better health for Malaysian patients.
In the role of the second line sales manager, you will be responsible for the sales of the overall geography (this may cover out of Klang Valley) while leading your team of Sales Managers and Medical Representatives.
- Set objectives, coach, mentor and assess skill development of your team to ensure appropriate portfolio management
- Ensure sales forecasts are met or exceeded and operational budgets are led at a regional level
- Develop strategies and tactics in collaboration with the brand team and other cross functional teams to provide efficient resource allocation.
- Hire, develop and retain top talents by ensuring discipline in talent review and in encouraging people development activities
- Ensure a culture of ethics, integrity, and compliance is embedded in all business practices alongside full accountability for effective oversight and open upward reporting of compliance status in partnership with Global Compliance
- Your education background is in science or marketing preferably with an MBA from a top university
- You have experience in pharmaceutical sales and marketing
- You naturally develop and grow people who work with you and you have multiple successful stories of people development
- You are proficient in English with strong communication skills
- You adapt quickly and flexible in a dynamic learning environment
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.