Back End Developer
If you are passionate about software engineering and developing microservices, APIs, and other backend solutions, we'd love to have you on board!
In AZ, you'll have a chance to positively impact people's lives by using your engineering skills to develop web, mobile, and serverless solutions for different areas across AZ.
At AstraZeneca, we put patients first and strive to meet their unmet needs worldwide. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. If you are swift to action, confident to lead, willing to collaborate, and curious about what science can do, then you’re our kind of person.
You'll be part of the Enterprise Capabilities and Solutions (ECS) – Software Engineering (SE) Guadalajara group. We develop bespoke web and mobile applications for different departments across AZ. We use agile methods; and DevOps philosophy and technical practices to build, test, and deploy software, and develop high-performance, happy teams.
In ECS-SE Guadalajara, we love freedom and responsibility. We believe autonomy, mastery, and respect for people are vital to growing, leading, and innovating. We are expanding our organization thanks to these values and our engineers' fantastic work. We need people who share our vision to help us continue developing happy, high-performance teams.
What you’ll do
- Be part of an agile software development team.
- Design and architect the Back-End of mobile and web apps with Sr Software Engineers and the Tech Lead.
- Develop the Back-End of Mobile and Web apps.
- Invest 10% of your time leveling up your skills, learning new technologies, building PoCs, and experimenting with new technologies and software engineering practices.
- Write automated unit and acceptance tests for your code.
- Define your yearly goals with your manager.
Essential for the role
- APIs and or Microservices development
- Unit test automation
- Passion for learning, innovating, and experimenting with new engineering practices and tools
- Experience working in Agile teams (Scrum or Kanban)
- Ability to work and collaborate with people across the globe with diverse cultures and backgrounds
Desirable for the role
- Experience developing serverless solutions on AWS
- Building or using CI/CD pipelines
- Developing serverless apps or solutions on AWS
- Angular or React
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognizing their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organization to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we’re opening new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge methods, and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.
So, what’s next!
- Are you ready to bring new ideas and fresh thinking to the table? Brilliant! We have one seat available and we hope it’s yours.
Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
If you have site, country or departmental social media then feel free to switch any of the above links.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.