Associate Director, Oncology, Marketing
Associate Director, Oncology Marketing
At AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial,
thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We're focused on the potential of
science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we
think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life.
As Associate Director, oncology Marketing, you will play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing the lives of people with cancer. North American Commercial is the 'face' of AstraZeneca to our many healthcare clients. They represent many of the most well recognized and respected products in the industry, and build strong relationships with healthcare professionals. AstraZeneca has a deep-rooted heritage in Oncology and offers a quickly-growing portfolio of new medicines that has the potential to transform patients’ lives and the Company’s future. By harnessing the power of four scientific platforms - Immuno-Oncology, Tumor Drivers and Resistance, DNA Damage Response and Antibody Drug Conjugates - and by championing the development of personalized combinations, AstraZeneca has the vision to redefine cancer treatment and one day eliminate cancer as a cause of death.
The Associate Director, Marketing, will be responsible for the brand’s pan-tumor strategy (“One LYNPARZA” strategy) and the execution of HCP marketing initiatives that span across different indications. This position will lead a team of 2 marketers (Non-Personal Digital & Media lead, Congress lead). As the flagship brand in the DNA Damage Response Franchise, LYNPARZA is a key medicine in the AstraZeneca oncology portfolio; thinking strategically about our approach across tumor types will be critical to build customer loyalty in a competitive environment and help the franchise meet its financial goals. You and your team will be charged with developing and executing upon a robust commercial pan-tumor strategy for LYNPARZA and collaborating effectively with key cross-functional partners and the Merck team.
This position will report directly into the Senior Director, Brand Strategy and Marketing, and will work in close partnership with other members of the cross-functional team and with the US Oncology Cross-Franchise Strategy & Planning Team. This position is based at our Gaithersburg, MD campus, headquarters for our US Oncology and the Oncology Business Unit.
- Develops, evaluates and evolves LYNPARZA pan-tumor brand strategy, including developing a brand strategy plan and competitive readiness plans.
- Ensure optimal LYNPARZA non-personal promotion (NPP) impact by coaching the direct report responsible for NPP / Digital and coordinating closely with Merck; assess investment viability of programs and formulate recommendations for future plans based on learnings.
- Ensure impactful LYNPARZA brand presence at congresses
- Lead development of HCP marketing resources spanning across indications; coach direct reports through review process to ensure legal/regulatory compliance and medical accuracy of all marketing materials.
- Lead annual operational planning by shaping the tactical plan and budget required to achieve the brand’s stated pan-tumor objectives.
- Manage partner agency relationships, workflow and related expense budgets.
- Monitor LYNPARZA budget across tumor types, in partnership with Finance and the Merck team
- Develops and delivers key brand presentations on LYNPARZA pan-tumor efforts to leadership and to the DDR field organization
- Collaborate with the Global Team to evolve LYNPARZA brand positioning and pan-tumor messaging.
- Manages, coaches, and develops team of pharmaceutical marketing professionals.
- Bachelor's Degree in relevant field
- 8+ years’ experience in pharmaceutical and/or healthcare industry with experience in one or more of the following: managed markets, brand marketing, sales, market research/analytics, strategic planning
- MBA in relevant field
- Prior in-line marketing experience
- Oncology or specialty care experience highly preferred
- Experience across multiple promotional channels (Personal, Non-Personal and Digital, Patient marketing)
- Experience leading a team
- Experience working in ‘commercial alliance/partnership’ environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with ability to clearly and concisely communicate complex constructs
- Ability to manage complex projects
- Demonstrated ability to work in matrixed environment and lead without authority
- Strong business acumen skills, as role is responsible for managing multiple program budgets, timelines, process and procedures.
- High capability at working collaboratively, thinking strategically and operating effectively in a rapidly evolving and competitive market place
- High ethical standards and personal integrity
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.