Associate Director, Commercial Leadership and Capabilities Development
Do you have expertise in, and passion for Training and Development in Oncology? Would you like to apply your expertise to impact the Associate Director, Commercial Leadership and Capabilities Development role in a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines? Then AstraZeneca might be the one for you!
At AstraZeneca, we put patients first and strive to meet their unmet needs worldwide. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. If you are swift to action, confident to lead, willing to collaborate, and curious about what science can do, then you’re our kind of person.
AstraZeneca’s vision in Oncology is to help patients by redefining the cancer-treatment paradigm, with the aim of bringing six new cancer medicines to patients between 2013 and 2020. A broad pipeline of next-generation medicines is focused principally on four disease areas - breast, ovarian, lung and hematological cancers. As well as other tumor types, these are being targeted through five key platforms - immunotherapy, the genetic drivers of cancer and resistance, DNA damage repair, HER2 and antibody drug conjugates, underpinned by personalized healthcare and biomarker technologies.
The Associate Director, Commercial Leadership and Capabilities Development designs and delivers Industry – leading learning and development experiences that prepare US Commercial personnel to effectively engage with customers and promote the brands within US Commercial Oncology. The AD will be utilized as the subject matter expert regarding salesforce effectiveness and HCP engagement in a dynamic market for sales professionals and first line people leaders. This position will lead the design, development and implementation of innovative capability programs to develop and sustain critical skills, behaviors and competencies required for success in the Oncology Marketplace.
This individual will lead the skill and competency needs assessment to provide robust and impactful training aligned with the needs of the customers in an evolving and dynamic selling environment, such as virtual and hybrid selling models. This will also include identifying, designing, delivering and evaluating learning opportunities for customer-facing sales professionals, through industry benchmarking and alignment with sales leadership. The Associate Director will conduct ongoing needs analysis and leverage insights to inform the training strategies, curricula, and just in time assets to ensure that programs are comprehensive and anticipating any evolving capabilities for our customer facing teams to succeed in the Oncology marketplace.
Collaboration with key cross-functional partners is critical to ensure the training strategy and plan are aligned with the business goals, objectives and strategies. As appropriate, oversees and manages the training vendor relationships during the creation and build of all training materials; ensures all curricula are properly maintained and approved per AZ policies and guidelines.
- Creates learning and development strategy, partnering with AZ stakeholders to enable a high performing organization. Ensures training and development programs support the evolving needs of the business and address new initiatives, with an emphasis on current trends and practices
- Shapes and develops innovative solutions to respond to future US Oncology business needs
- Collaborates closely with internal stakeholders to benchmark and identify industry - leading capabilities to inform training and development strategies needed to excel in the oncology marketplace
- Aligns with sales leadership and OTD colleagues in the development of training solutions for all components of salesforce capabilities to optimize customer engagement
- Responsible for implementation of the training and development solutions to the customer facing teams to embed the skills and behaviors, and create readiness of people leaders to pull through
- Utilizes knowledge of applicable oncology healthcare marketplace to inform the creation and delivery of learning and development events
- Administers learning evaluations and assessments to ensure targeted levels of effectiveness and impact of learning programs to achieve business outcomes; uses these data to inform the ongoing quality of training content
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Proven years of a blend of Pharmaceutical/Biotech/Oncology experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent required
- Proven years of Oncology experience
- Proven years of Training Experience or another specialized role preferred
- First Line Sales Leader experience, preferably in Oncology
- Experience working in global markets, pharmaceutical product launch and marketing
- 2 years Leadership Development experience
- Advanced degree in a related field or equivalent preferred
- Ability to effectively lead in a cross-functional and virtual team environment, providing direction and guidance to team members with varied and complementary responsibilities
- Knowledge of instructional design and L&D technology platforms that support training initiatives
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognizing their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organization to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we’re opening new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you.
Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.