AskIT & Onsite Engineer
At AstraZeneca, we are an equal opportunity employer that puts patients first and strive to meet their unmet needs worldwide. Working here means being entrepreneurial, a team leader, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality.
As the AskIT Engineer you will be responsible for the end user experience and delivery of end user IT services this role will perform the day-to-day onsite IT activities so that “Customer Effectiveness1” and Campus IT2 objectives are met.
You accountable for ensuring the ‘effective delivery’ of Corporate IT EUS (End User Services3) services to our global customers through the Global ‘AskIT’ service (an enhanced end user support service on key sites Tech/Genius Bar) and the effective delivery of deskside support services.
This role involves delivering various tasks such as incident and/or demand management, ‘AskIT’ (including customer service), process alignment, service improvements and satisfaction measures, Asset management and stock inventory of any IT equipment on site to support Joiners, Movers and Leavers processes.
- Analyze customer needs using their analytical skills to develop appropriate and innovative solutions as needed.
- Collaborate closely with other IT teams as needed to resolve incidents / issues / queries, keeping the user advised of upcoming steps
- Ensure that customer concerns are handled, managed and minimized while maintaining calm in conflict situations.
- Support the local IT processes of incoming and outgoing staff to help them in a successful IT experience.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service skills and a desire to support end users face to face
- Perform a variety of technical work activities either remotely or at Deskside to meet business and customer requirements
- Perform 1st & 2nd line deskside support for the customer’s device. Use troubleshooting skills and knowledge to determine the root cause of a fault to resolve or re-assign to the correct team
- Support IT drop in clinics and assist with floor walks when required.
- Perform IMAC6 activities
- Document and report on work completed within the Service Management tool ServiceNow7. Creating and updating tickets for all assistance provided
- Act in accordance with company Information Security Policies and report any potential or actual Security events or other Security risks to the organisation
- Keep skills up to date with IT industry standards as appropriate to the role
- Provides improved Support where required for identified VIP’s / priority customers
- Bachelor's Degree or 5 years' equivalent experience
- 3+ years' experience in IT Support capacity
What we are looking for?
- You will have experience of working in an ITIL and Lean focused environment
- Demonstrable ability to successfully interact face to face with end users
- Confirmed knowledge and expertise within a Microsoft Windows environment (ideally within an enterprise domain business model) including familiarity with Active Directory, software development technologies 9SMS, SCCM, etc.) Group Policy Objects and remote -control methods.
- Proven knowledge and expertise in supporting Apple Mac OS and iOS software desirable
- Experience in setting up and deploying mobile devices is desirable
- Proven knowledge and expertise in supporting Microsoft Office applications especially Outlook & MS Teams connected to a large MS Office 365
- Experience in the use of cloud-based storage solutions such as MS OneDrive and Box
- Experience in MS Teams, Zoom and other collaboration tools
- Knowledge of antivirus software within an enterprise environment
- Ability to work in a customer-oriented support role manning a customer drop-in desk in addition to performing floor walking to extend support right to the customer’s workspace
- Proven desktop support knowledge and expertise specifically for IT services (e.g. LAN / Wi-Fi, printing)
- Demonstrable ability to successfully interact with other specialists in other proficiencies (e.g. application support, network team, server admin, etc.)
- Knowledge and experience of ServiceNow or another ITSM tool is desirable
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognizing their potential. Join us while we continue to build a new kind of organization to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we are developing new ways to work, ground breaking methods, and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our team!
Next Steps – Apply Today!
Curious to know more? Then please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well-qualified for this opportunity. Know someone who would be an excellent fit? Please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.