Archivist – Scientific Services
Archivist – Scientific Services
UK Biopharmaceuticals R&D – Cambridge Based
At AstraZeneca, we are united by a purpose: to push the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines to millions of people worldwide. This purpose underpins everything we do. In these unprecedented times, our purpose has never been more relevant as we continue to deliver medicines to patients, fight against COVID-19 and contribute to society.
Our purpose is ambitious and so is our approach. Becoming a more agile and creative company means building a dynamic, inspiring culture where we celebrate diverse, ambitious thinking and act with a sense of urgency. We are adventurous, trying new things and learning from both success and failure. We are curious, creative, and open to new ways of working. Above all, we are passionate about science and driven to always put patients first. Join us and be part of an outstanding place to work; an environment that energizes and empowers each of us to achieve our goal to develop and deliver medicines.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Archivist to be based in Cambridge. As part of the Cambridge Operations Scientific Services Team, the role holder will be responsible for the UK Archive service and operational management of the External third party Achieve contracts and service to support and enable world leading science in Biopharmaceuticals R&D across the UK.
This is such an exciting time to be part of the team, as we transition to our new R&D facility, located at the Cambridge Biomedical Campus (CBC) in Central Cambridge. The CBC is our new R&D Centre and Global Corporate HQ which is being constructed in the heart of Cambridge - a world leading scientific hub. It will bring together under one roof for the first time in the UK all our small molecule and biologics research capability.
In the role of Archivist you will:
- Act as primary contact for all internal and off-site archiving facilities. Working closely with AZ customers, stakeholders, and partners to deliver and coordinate appropriate and efficient UK Archiving services in conjunction with the established service level standards and AZ UK Archiving programs, practices and standards
- Designated Archivist for all GxP archiving (GLP, GMP, GCP)
- Implements and executes hard copy and electronic archiving (including record appraisal, ingestion, preservation, indexing in, retention hold, storage, retrieval and disposition).
- Ensure appropriate tracking/database(s) are in place and oversees all operational aspects of the record appraisal, ingestion, indexing storage, retravel, disposition and customer services processes
- Ensure appropriate contracts are in place and are reviewed and updated as required to ensure archiving facilities are at the correct quality and price with appropriate SLA
- Promote understanding of archiving requirements and ensure process activities are in compliance with AZ’s global principles, guidelines
- Monitor and report on metrics to ensure the efficient operation of the archives and drive continual process improvement
- Develops and implements policies practise and procedure in line with the established UK Archiving Quality Management System for the efficient and standardised archiving and management of records (hardcopy ad electronic) related within AZ, including the authority of SOP’s as appropriate
- Works closely with UK Archiving colleagues, AZ stakeholders, and partners in the development of the policies, practises and procedures
- Participate in the annual budgeting process. Evaluate needs for archiving budgets and participate in any tendering process for external contracts for archiving services
To be successful in this role we believe the following experience is essential:
- An understanding of archiving
- An understanding of records management applications
- An ability to work in a matrix organisation with internal and external stakeholders
- Self-motivated and work with minimum supervision
- Good accuracy and attention to details
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good computer skills (Word and Excel)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- An ability to deal positively with change and adapt to new situations
- An understanding of GxP quality systems
- An understanding of process of the laboratory environment
- Experience of working within a pharmaceutical business
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all you for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.