Analytics and Insights, Business Analyst
AstraZeneca is a global, innovation-driven biopharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialisation of prescription medicines for some of the world's most serious diseases. At AstraZeneca, we're proud to have a unique workplace culture that encourages innovation and collaboration. Here, employees are empowered to express diverse perspectives - and are made to feel valued, energised and rewarded for their ideas and creativity.
Productivity Initiatives (PI) is an AstraZeneca function operating under the Group Finance. Our main aim is to embed a “smarter” spending culture and achieve significant and sustainable benefits for such benefits to be reinvested in our strategic priorities and support sustainable growth. We use data and analytics to explore and identify new opportunities across AstraZeneca.
This role is an ongoing capability developed in Kuala Lumpur and will play an integral role throughout the PI process by using analytics to generate data driven insights and validate any cost saving opportunities that can be acted upon. You will work closely alongside Business Partners to monitor cost savings strategy implemented.
As part of development, you will have or be able to quickly develop analytical, problem-solving and communication skills. We constantly encourage development of new skills and capabilities.
Analytic activities include but not limited to:
- Address data quality issues such as remapping of General Ledger categories, operational and financial data reconciliation
- Root cause analysis if a pattern of incorrect mapping is discovered and provide feedback to the Business Partner
- Identify process improvements and provide recommendations for any processes that may cause incorrect General Ledger category mapping
- Analysis of potential cost savings using benchmarking analysis and what-if analysis
Key measures are:
- Timely and high-quality transactional data analysis providing transparency on ‘who-spends-how-much-on-what’
- Feedback from key stakeholders on integrity, value added analysis and review support provided to PI core team
- Develop good working relationship with key partners to ensure issues are promptly resolved
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting/Commerce or equivalent with 3 to 5 years’ relevant experience in analytics
- Strong analytical ability and a good sense of business insight
- Effective communication skills especially the ability to support documentation and prepare communications of analysis results and findings
- End user’s knowledge and experience in SAP, Oracle or other ERP system
- Experience of working in a global organisation and across diverse global teams
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.