At AstraZeneca, we are an equal opportunity employer that puts patients first and strive to meet their unmet needs worldwide. Working here means being entrepreneurial, a team leader, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
As the Administrative Coordinator, you will provide support to Medical Affairs functional leaders and their senior staff as well as coordinate projects. This includes exercising judgment in determining priorities related to handling calendars, meeting and travel schedules, routine reporting, projects and correspondence. As a coordinator, this position may also provide assistance to members of the Gaithersburg teams including tracking of projects, budgets, timelines, and metrics, generating reports and correspondence as assigned.
- For several functional leaders (including VP, Sr Director, and Directors) lead sophisticated calendars to schedule meetings, conference calls, videoconferences and special events; prioritize calendar conflicts
- Handle telephone calls, mail disposition, multi-location domestic and international travel arrangements as well as live and virtual meetings/conferences
- File expense reports and supply orders with accuracy and efficiency for team members, including follow-through to ensure that appropriate and timely actions are taken
- Effectively coordinate and collaborate with other Administrative Assistants within AstraZeneca on cross-functional and cross-organizational meetings / events / processes, including across multiple international time zones
- Establish and maintain a robust professional network across administrative teams in the US and Cambridge to facilitate effective working
- Track and support assigned internal projects and processes, such as employee recognition program and recruitment tracking; generate reports from various internal systems under tight time constraints
- Track FTE hiring / departure, temp hiring / departure against approved budget targets
- Manage team website to update content on a regular basis
- Produce accurate and properly formatted documents using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Effectively lead special projects and other duties as assigned
- Schedule candidate interview, and handle onboarding procedures for new hires
- Coordinate department trainings, offsite events for leadership teams, and all hands meetings
- High School Diploma
- College Degree preferred
- 5+ years of experience
- Prior experience supporting multiple functional leaders
- Relevant training, multitasking, certifications in software, and/or time management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Sharepoint
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to interact confidently with executives and employees at all levels
- Ability to prioritize time critical assignments
- Skilled at meeting logistics
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work autonomously
- Able to handle last minute changes with composure and confidence
- Flexible/inventive to adapt to changing needs and deadlines
- Ability to multitask effectively
- Efficient in supporting staff with software updates
- Strong time-management skills
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognizing their potential.
Join us while we continue to build a new kind of organization to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we are developing new ways to work, ground breaking methods, and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our team!
AstraZeneca has taken critical steps to protecting colleagues, loved ones, and patients from COVID-19 and its variants. COVID-19 vaccination is required for all US employees, and weekly PCR COVID-19 testing is required for those who are unvaccinated or have an approved accommodation.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.