Access Services, Workforce Management Specialist
The BioPharmaceuticals Business Unit (BBU) creates and executes meaningful therapeutic area and product strategies that are focused on addressing the unmet needs of patients around the world. We are committed to changing the course of medicine and bringing innovative therapies to enhance the quality of life for our patients. The BBU integrates commercial, market access, medical, digital, and corporate functions to drive scientific development and commercial excellence in the core areas of respiratory, cardiovascular, renal and diabetes disease.
The Workforce Management (WFM) Specialist is responsible for contributing to an efficient Access Services
patient and provider access and reimbursement support contact center operation for AstraZeneca Products. The WFM Specialist partners with Operations Management to share
responsibility for meeting service level and key performance indicator objectives across all contact
channels. Ensures effective and efficient utilization of
resources. Plans, organizes and manages the workload through accurate forecasts, staff calculations,
schedules and management reports.
Key Roles/ Responsibilities:
Forecast, Scheduling, & Reporting Analyst.
- Responsible for maximizing efficiency and occupancy while meeting Service Levels and KPIs
- Compile daily, weekly and monthly reporting of resource management results for the contact center
- management team. Such reports will include monthly attrition, monthly capacity/utilization and
- performance reports, intra‐day summaries and daily summary reports.
- Analyze and report historical data and trends and develop forecast models
- Generate long‐term and short‐term forecasts
- Manage employee profile assignments/skills (ex. Intake, Outbound, Oncology, Infectious Disease, etc.)
- Manage scheduling process through coordination of shift assignments, vacation bids, time off approvals,
- and daily schedule processes.
- Manage proactive approval and denial of discretionary activities; such as vacations, trainings, meetings
- Lead weekly and daily staffing review meetings with management detailing previous and current week’s
- performance and forecasted performance of remainder of current week and next week, while also
- identifying risks
- Generate new short‐term forecast when current day forecast has high deviation from actual
- Fill overtime and under time availability
- Manage intraday staffing levels
- Monitor real‐time Adherence status alerts
- Monitor real‐time ACD agent work state reports
- Manage call‐in line
- Approve discretionary activities to increase occupancy
- Increase staffing levels or modify call routing to increase service levels
- Administration of intraday schedule changes
- Communicate identified intraday risks to management and other WFM specialist
New Capability Building
- Create policies and procedures to standardize specific WFM functions
- Function as a liaison with other Access Services areas to resolve issues affecting contact center personnel
- relating to staffing or capacity (i.e. implementation of new initiatives, product launches, and/or changes
- that affect customer contact patterns).
- Recognize and recommend operational and support improvements
- Work with Quality and Training to develop content and facilitate on system adherence and agent
- performance gaps
- Effectively present complex information to front line employees and contact center management
- Perform other duties and assignments as directed
- Associates Degree
- Minimum 3 years of WFM Contact Center experience
- Knowledge of Contact Center fundamentals
- Proven experience in utilizing an industry‐recognized application for performing forecasting and other workforce
- management functions (Calabrio, Five9, IEX, Aspect, Interactive Intelligence, etc.).
- Previous experience with ACD reporting and administration experience desired
- Business travel, by air or car, may be required for regular internal and external business meetings
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5 years of Contact Center experience
- Relevant Healthcare industry/healthcare reimbursement experience;
- Customer Service or Customer Loyalty experience
- Experience with IVR Management and volume analysis (i.e. Five9, Cisco, Avaya, Interactive Intelligence, Genesys)
- Strong mathematical, analytical, communication, and organization skills
- Self‐directed, have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Analytical thinking, creative problem solving and decision making
- Self‐motivated and must excel in minimally managed fast pace high profile position
- Excellent customer service
- Effective organizational management
- Proficient using MS Word and PowerPoint
- Advanced in Excel (Modelling, Algorithms and Macros)
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple parallel projects
- Highly collaborative
- Ability to adapt to change and implement quickly based on overall direction and needs of the company
Work hours may vary depending on shifts.
Next Steps -- Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience -- it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.